CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reasonable Gangster ...


I have a problem. I have a tendency to download the remixed versions of albums before I listen to the originals sold in stores. Why? Perhaps its a habit that has stayed with me over time because when I was younger I didnt have the money to buy an artist's album for full price in stores. Now that I'm older, I STILL do it (I'll PRETEND I DON'T HEAR YOU GUYS WHISPERING 'CHEAP'). Again, while digging for some unsigned diamonds -- I found the most phenomenal remix to the Jay Z American Gangster album. What's that? Do I also hear you guys whispering- 'I thought encore status was only for the indie/unsigned...' - you're right, it is. I'm focused on the talent of this producer who was able to make this album comparable to the original. I know this is up for debate, but I believe that producers are artists too. In my opinion, like a director and cinematographer who have the responsibility to create the look and feel of a film, a producer has the same responsibility in music. With that said, the Brazilian producer, Nel Sentimentum, has one of the BEST remixes I've ever heard. Please listen to the two tracks from his "Reasonable Gangster" remix below and vote. If I AM wrong...please comment as to where in the world I'll be able to find something better than this...Thanks
Download the rest of his mixtape from his myspace.

Luv, Pure Madness

Powered by eSnips.com


1 comments:

The Tenant said...

I think that the beats are a bit too chill for Jay-Z's style. They sound good, but they don't sound exciting.